Carse of Gowrie Charity Christmas Raffle
Carse of Gowrie Charity Christmas Raffle
To buy a raffle ticket, please scroll to bottom of the page and click "BOOK THIS".
This Christmas, members of the Kinnaird community wanted to do something to raise awareness of the growing need for mental health support in Scotland. It has been a difficult year for many people, particularly during the lockdown and subsequent continued restrictions on socialising with family and friends. Many people have had to work away from their colleagues at home, or have lost their jobs. It has tested many of us to our limits, as we have tried to find coping strategies to deal with ever changing policies in the fight to control COVID-19.
As the Carse of Gowrie communities are unable to put on the usual Christmas fayres, an online raffle seemed like a good alternative. This way, we can all come together in the Carse of Gowrie to help raise money for a meaningful cause, while having some fun and at a safe distance.
Penumbra is one of Scotland’s largest mental health charities providing mental health support to around 1800 adults and young people across Scotland each week. They provide a variety of services including suicide prevention, self-harm and crisis support, 121 keyworking and groupwork, and supported living. About 20% of Penumbra’s colleagues are employed in peer roles. This means their peer worker colleagues use their own lived experience of mental ill health and recovery to support people who access the services. Penumbra’s whole-person approach to mental health recovery is guided by HOPE: Home. Opportunity. People. Empowerment.
For more info visit www.penumba.org.uk
William Wells is the founder of ‘Someone’s Hero’ Facebook group, which he started in order to raise awareness of male suicide and mental health in his local area. ‘I felt I had to do something after a close friend committed suicide a year ago’. To see how Will is helping other men by simply walking and talking, go to Someone’s Hero Facebook page.
After also losing a special friend to suicide, raising money for mental health at this time, seemed like a good way to help others who may be feeling in desperate need of support. Sincere thanks to Anna at Guardswell Farm, for putting the raffle on their website, Paul and Joe at Olly Bobbins florist, Inchture, for helping with paper raffle ticket sales, as well as to all the businesses and individuals who have so kindly donated prizes. Simply, Thank you to all of you who purchase a raffle ticket, Becky
Scroll down to find an incredible list of the prizes that have been so generously donated by businesses and members of our community.
Thank you for your support in buying a ticket, and contributing to this worthy cause.
The raffle will be drawn on Friday 18th December
Ticket sales will close at 6.00 pm Thursday 17th December
Winners will be notified directly.
When a ticket is purchased from this website-you will recieve confirmation of sale-and then in the following days, you will recieve a ticket number(s) by email. Please ensure you check your junk mailboxes.
Tickets can also be purchased in person from Olly Bobbins, Inchture.
Here are the amazing prizes that you could win:
1. A scenic flight for two, leaving from Scone Airport, donated by ACS Flight Training *
2. A wonderfully soothing and relaxing holistic Aromatherapy treatment with organic essential oils. A 90 minute all-round rebalancing experience that will leave you feeling truly nurtured, donated by Health in Hand. *
3. A tranquil weekend break in a beautifully naturally furnished cosy eco-friendly hut. Overlooking the river Tay, the views will take your breath away! Donated by Guardswell Farm *
4. Up your game with 10 baskets of 50 balls and revive yourself in the coffee shop with a £10 voucher, donated by Forfar Golf Driving Range. *
5. Keep your home fire burning this winter with a ton of logs, donated by Struan Baptie Property Management.
6. A large home-baked traditional rich Christmas Cake with mixed fruit and covered in marzipan and royal icing.
7. Lunch for Two at Café Circa, Abernyte, donated by Virginias Vintage Hire, Scotland *
8. A Gift Voucher and Cider Pack, donated by Cairn O Mohr.
9. Enjoy a little shopping experience at M&S with a £50 gift voucher, donated by Morris & Young Accountants, Perth
10. Have a little fun and treat yourself to some goodies at M&S with a £50 gift voucher, donated by Morris & Young Accountants, Perth
11. A spectacularly delicious Kelly Bronze Turkey Joint Box, which will feed 5-7 people, donated by South Powrie Farm
12. A Carse Variety Apple Tree, donated by Diggers Cider
13. A voucher to spend on delicious dairy delights... cheese... donated by The Cheesery, Dundee
14. Treat yourself to a cut and blow dry with a gift voucher, donated by The Cutting Room, Perth *
15. The Butcher The Baker Christmas Hamper including a selection of fresh meats and delicious breads, fine wines and candles, donated by Clark’s Bakery Dundee.
16. A beautiful bundle of Irish grown Eucalyptus, put together by the team at Gloam, donated by Gloam
17. Two picnic tickets to the opening night of the Fingask Follies (23rd April 2021), donated by Andrew and Helen Threipland, Fingask Castle *
18. Enjoy a round of golf, with either breakfast or lunch, donated by Downfield Golf Course *
19. Enjoy 4 wood fired pizzas, donated by Luigis Pizzeria, Dundee
20. £50 worth of Glendoick Garden Centre Vouchers, donated by Glendoick Garden Centre
21. A beautiful hand carved oak and antler platter, donated by Scottish Oak
22. A voucher for a half hour golf lesson to help improve your skills, donated by Middlebank Golf Centre
23. A delicious Tea for Two donated by The Post House Coffee Co, Invergowrie.
24. Another delicious Tea for Two donated by The Post House Coffee Co, Invergowrie.
25. 3 seperate vouchers for: 2 x Officially World's Best Bacon Roll & 2 Hot Drinks , donated by The Horn Milk Bar
26. Lots more hampers and prizes to be won, donated by our local community.
N.B. Larger prizes will need to be collected (at a central Carse location to be arranged), however, smaller prizes and vouchers will be posted out.
* all service related prizes are subject to government guidelines on Covid-19 and social distancing. Every effort will be made to accommodate your prize at the earliest opportunity if restrictions prevent you from enjoying it at your preferred time
Donations of prizes will be gratefully accepted and advertised on the website, right up until Friday 11th December.
Thank you again for your support
Penumbra is one of Scotland’s largest mental health charities providing mental health support to around 1800 adults and young people across Scotland each week. We provide a variety of services including suicide prevention, self-harm and crisis support, 121 keyworking and groupwork, and supported living. About 20% of our colleagues are employed in peer roles. This means our peer worker colleagues use their own lived experience of mental ill health and recovery to support people who access our services. Our whole-person approach to mental health recovery is guided by HOPE: Home. Opportunity. People. Empowerment.
“after talking with you last week, I feel like I have a bit of hope” - client
“With the right support at the right time, we know that people can and do recover from mental ill health. But our approach isn’t about fixing people, it’s about supporting people to live a good life within their mental ill health” – Fiona, Penumbra
2020 has been a challenging year for everyone and for many this has brought them to a place of crisis. Penumbra teams are cheerleaders for those who are in the darkest of places, unable to recognise their own worth and achievements, often feeling they have nowhere else to turn.
“I don’t know what I would have done without finding you and this service. I was lost and the potential to try suicide again was a distinct possibility. Now those thoughts are gone” - client
The pandemic has meant that we have had to develop new ways of working but it has never stopped us providing support to 1800 adults and young people each week. Now more than ever Penumbra is committed to providing the support people need to move forward and, most importantly, not to give up hope. This Winter, you can help Penumbra #HoldTheHope for those in crisis.
For more info visit www.penumba.org.uk