- PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR NOVEMBER 2020, WE ARE ONLY TAKING BOOKINGS FROM PERTH AND KINROSS- ANY BOOKINGS OUTWITH THIS AREA WILL SADLY HAVE TO BE CANCELLED AND REFUNDED
- Incredible view from the Kingsize bed
- Fully accessible
- Shower and toilet in wriggly tin wetroom
- Local Larch internal cladding
- Russwood external cladding
- Wood burning stove
- Elevated deck
- Perennial wildflower roof
- Self Catering: cooking facilities = 2 gas hobs + firepit outside
Sitting on the deck supping local beer...
Stepping onto the deck of the Pendicle is like stepping onto the edge of the world. Set 2m above the fields, protruding from the hillside- the Pendicle has one of the best views at Guardswell.
The sheep graze below, the birds chatter in the apple trees and your own hens scratch for worms by your feet.
The Pendicle has been designed and built with sustainability in mind- from the sheep-wool insulation, the locally grown and milled wood cladding to the homemade soap in the bathroom.
...or a morning cup of tea
This space is the perfect retreat for a couple who fancy getting the wood fire roaring, and popping a couple of bottles of Abernyte Brewery beer.
All of our accommodation at Guardswell Farm is self-catering, however, we occassionally have events on in the Steading (have a look at the EVENTS tab) which involve food!! This Pendicle has two gas hobs to cook on- but you could also cook on the firepit outside and the woodburning stove inside. Please note that as the Pendicle has limited, there is no fridge, however, we do provide a cool box with ice blocks.
Guardswell is a little escape from the modern, fast paced world- and as such- we dont have any wifi or televisions (however, we do have 4G if you need to catch up with the world). We hope you enjoy the conversations, the board games and the silence.
If you are planning on cycling to Guardswell for your stay, please let us know prior to booking and we can provide you with a "earth-friendly holiday" discount code- and discuss bike storage with you.
- Eco Handsoaps and Detergents
- Views across the Carse of Gowrie, River Tay and Fife
- Fresh Farm Flowers
- Vegetable Garden