- PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR NOVEMBER 2020, WE ARE ONLY TAKING BOOKINGS FROM PERTH AND KINROSS- ANY BOOKINGS OUTWITH THIS AREA WILL SADLY HAVE TO BE CANCELLED AND REFUNDED
- WOOD BURNING STOVE AND LOG STASH
- STARGAZING WINDOW
- FLUSHING LOO
- 1 X SUPERKING MEZZANINE BED
- INSANELY BEAUTIFUL VIEWS OVER THE CARSE OF GOWRIE
- 1 X FOLD OUT BED (USUALLY THE SOFA)- FOR AN EXTRA TWO THAT YOU KNOW WELL (ONE ROOM)- OR FOR THE CHILDREN
- SHOWER IN WASH SHEDS IN STEADING
- SLIGHT UPHILL WALK FROM FARM- CA.5MINS
- OFFGRID WITH SOLAR PANEL- ONLY LIGHTS, NO PLUGS
- SELF CATERING: COOKING FACILITIES- 2 GAS HOBS
A hilltop escape...
An off-grid haven for those who love stargazing, peaceful surroundings and a chance to watch the world go by. The Infield is situated a little further from the Farm Yard base, up the hill and through a couple of fields, but it is so worth the walk. South facing glass gable end looking over the beautiful Carse of Gowrie, River Tay and Fife, with a stargazing window positioned perfectly above the mezzanine superking size bed.
This Hut also has the option of a fold-y-out bed below the mezzanine if you are bringing the kids, or a couple of friends, along for the adventure (make sure you know them well, as its all one room!). A deck to sip a gin and tonic, a firepit to toast your Guardswell sausages, and a wood stove to warm your tootsies when the night draws in.
...you'll never want to leave.
All of our accommodation at Guardswell Farm is self-catering, however, we occassionally have events on in the Steading (have a look at the EVENTS tab) which involve food!! This Infield has two gas hobs to cook on- but you could also cook on the firepit outside and the woodburning stove inside. Please note that as the Infield has no electricty, there is no fridge, however, we do provide a cool box with ice blocks.
Guardswell is a little escape from the modern, fast paced world- and as such- we dont have any wifi or televisions (however, we do have 4G if you need to catch up with the world). We hope you enjoy the conversations, the board games and the silence. The Infield does not have any power, bar a solar panel that powers the lights. Charging is available in the main Steading building.
Please be aware that you are required to walk up and down to the Infield, "offpiste", through fields of sheep- these fields are occassioanlly muddy and often wet, so we recommend that you wear sturdy, ideally waterproof, footwear. We will drive your bags up for you when you arrive.
If you are planning on cycling to Guardswell for your stay, please let us know prior to booking and we can provide you with a "earth-friendly holiday" discount code- and discuss bike storage with you.
- Views across the Carse of Gowrie, River Tay and Fife
- Eco Handsoaps and Detergents
- Fresh Farm Flowers
- Vegetable Garden