- Sleeps 2 in blanket laden Double Bed
- Short walk to Wash Sheds and Loos/Showers in Steading
- Wood Burning Stove and store of Guardswell wood
- Little Kitchen with Gas stove and sink
- Immersive “shepherds experience” with your own Hebridean flock surrounding the Hut, plus two donkeys!
- South Facing double doors to let nature in
- Offgrid- solar lights but no plugs
- Digital switch off
Shepherd by day...
Down a woodland path, meandering between the trees, and walking into the daylight, you’ll find the Kailyard. Sitting on the south side of the Farm Wood, The Kailyard is modern take on a shepherds hut- a portable tinyhouse that manages to fit a snuggly double bed, wood burning stove and small kitchen within.
...fire pit and stars by night
Outside you’ll find the Hebridean sheep roaming around the hut (in true shepherds style) and a fire-pit, perfect for cooking some Guardswell eggs for breakfast. Small is beautiful, and we’ve managed to fit in a working sink, gas hob and solar electricity into this wee space- as well as a tiny wood burning stove to take the chill off those starlit evenings.
Guardswell is a little escape from the modern, fast paced world- and as such- we dont have any wifi or televisions (however, we do have 4G if you need to catch up with the world). We hope you enjoy the conversations, the board games and the silence.
Please be aware that the donkeys often poke their heads over the fence and say hello.
- Eco Handsoaps and Detergents
- Fresh Farm Flowers